Thanks for the effort. I understand the need for uncluttered maps and
support that. But practically, if the ultimate idea is for tourists to use
the OSM map to explore a city like Cape Town, it doesn't really help if they
can't see the wine farms that I add on the map on their GPSr. The same goes
for any other amenity. The question then is, is it worth adding them?

I really have no experience with this, so please don't see my remarks as
criticism of the OSM project. I just want to put effort where it's most
useful from a practical point of view. What would you suggest?

Sorry about the double post - I'm finally starting to understand how this
list works.

Bryan