Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
@evanleibovitch / @el56

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 7:29 PM Lennart Sorensen <
lsore...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, May 02, 2022 at 04:36:34AM -0400, Evan Leibovitch via talk wrote:
> > Thanks. Ugh.
> >
> > Your timing is perfect, because I'm just about to do a fresh install and
> > this would be the time to decide on something else.
> >
> > I'm looking for an alternative that will offer support for a KDE version
> as
> > well as Steam and my fairly-new AMD graphics card (RX 6500 XT). I'd also
> > prefer to live snap-free.
> >
> > Mint and Pop don't support KDE, SuSE has problems with Steam and I'm
> > exhausted enough that I don't want one more learning curve wrt the Arch
> way
> > of doing things. Right now my best choices appear to be MX, KDE Neon (if
> > install the 32-bit libraries for Steam) and (if I want to go back to an
> > RPM-based system for the first time since Mandriva ceased,) Fedora KDE.
> >
> > Any suggestions, either from these choices or something else? Thanks
> again.
>
> What's wrong with Debian?

Steam installation simply should not be this much of a PITA
<https://wiki.debian.org/Steam>.

> No snap there and it has kde as an option

Option, but not from what I can see a core supported desktop. That's what
is attracting me to MX, which is one step removed from Debian, but without
the Ubuntu shenanigans.

- Evan