On Mon, May 02, 2022 at 03:21:54PM +0000, gs via talk wrote:
> I think Fedora is on its way to becoming the replacement for Ubuntu as the
> default recommended desktop distro based on the opinions of various linux
> podcasts, youtubers and linux reddit communities.
>
> I'm happy with Manjaro but if I were choosing a new distro to move to, it
> would be Fedora.

I highly doubt that.

Fedora is way too interested in experimenting with new things so that
RHEL can find out what might work in future releases for them.  They also
have the same 6 month release schedule flaw that Ubuntu has.

And it's rpm based.  Not a good packaging system compared to deb having
worked on making and dealing with packages for both.  It is very clear
which one put effort into designing a package format that would work
for a long time.

--
Len Sorensen