Hi Butch: So long as the things you do work in XP why change?
In XP you are more and more limited in what will work concerning modern
technoligies but If 10-15 year old technicals are all you need then I agree,
don't throw your greenies at something just because it is the latest and
greatest.
That said, 90 percent of people are no longer using XP and that number is
going down every day so fewer and fewer companies are developing against
that platform.
DOS, WMI and other low-level usage  isnt dead for Windows but it is becoming
more and more irrelevant like VbScript.
My Brother In Law uses XP, my old machine, and is quite happy using it but
then he is sighted, works in chrome and other Google related software so not
required to use a screen reader so things work pretty well for the siimple
things he does.
He is having some problems with WebSites using html5 and newertechnicals but
chrome halps handle them pretty well even in XP from what he tells me.
 Since we cant use these types of programs really well in XP these
technicals, including recent releases of Firefox, are becoming problematic.
Also, MS has stopped supporting VbScript in their browsers and I believe it
is on the way out even though used even by some MS scriptors.
Anyway, just a heads up for you going forward.
Knowing is half the battle and not knowing, and worse, not knowing that you
don't know, is by far the worst of all possible worlds.
Rick USA