so, I was unable to do a system restore because it said I had programs running that blocked it. My husband turned off virus check and window eyes and ran sys scan again with no success.

I wasn't too concerned because I knew the problem was with Window eyes 9.xx and Thunderbird.

So I uninstalled W-e using controll panel and reinstalled W-e 9 from the disk. All was fine, TB worked!!

Then I downloaded and installed W-E 9.1 and I'm back to where I was with TB and W-E locking up when I try to open a message. rrrrrrr

Brenda