I'm using windows seven, and on my old laptop, there was vista. When I would try maximizing the window when it would happen, sometimes, it might work, and sometimes, it would just ding after that and I would have to scrap the message. On this computer now, I find that if I get more email when I'm reading or writing email, it goes silent. I have found that I have to alt tab away from that window and tab to another window and move the arrow up and down and make it speak, then, alt tab back to the email and it will speak. I'm glad I have found that out, but it's still annoying. But at least I don't have to restart the computer like I thought I had to before. Pam. -----Original Message----- From: net bat via Talk
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 5:38 PM
To: Robert Ringwald ; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: Sudden Loss Of Speech

when replying to a message maximize the window to get speech back.
i have to do this almost every time.
the funny thing is this happens with wlm and windows 10 but not windows 7. with
the same window eyes 9.2.

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Ringwald via Talk
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2015 11:49 AM
To: Talk
Subject: Fw: Sudden Loss Of Speech

Now that I think of it, I don't lose speech very often. It is just that
using WLM, every time I use ctrl R to reply to an email, I have to use ctrl
alt W so I can read what I am writing.

-Bob Ringwald

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Ringwald via Talk