From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+steve.jacobson=visi....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Tom Kingston via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2016 5:13 AM
To: Curtis Delzer <curtis1...@verizon.net>; Window-Eyes Discussion List
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: Re: sound forge

I've been using Sound forge since version 7 and have heard many people
say the same about accessibility: it got worse after 8. But I ran 9, 10,
and now 11 Pro and to be honest I never knew what they were talking
about. The only thing that is truly not accessible are all the new
Izotope plug-ins because they're all big pretty pictures. Although they
have good presets and at least the wet/dry mix can be controlled. And
I'm pretty sure they could be scripted. The only problem is it would
require a lot of sighted help to get the layout of the images in order
to write scalable algorithms to work with different resolutions.

I started scripting it years ago. but unfortunately I made the fatal
mistake of using MSAA, which eventually turned out to be a point of no
return disaster. I should have known better. I've never gotten back to
it because I know all the interfaces inside out and backwards. So it's
made me a whiz with the mouse.

If anyone has a million bucks to donate to the cause I'll make it sing
for you. (grin)

Regards,
Tom

On 5/31/2016 3:35 AM, Curtis Delzer via Talk wrote:
> Sound forge 8 is still the most accessible, though the later versions
> can be used.

List archives can be found at