All I can definitively tell you is this folks, I work full time professionally as an assistive technology instructor with a blindness agency every day. At a recent retreat, the thinking throughout the room did most certainly seem to be that VFO most likely does have plans to quote unquote, kill off, Window-eyes, either now or in the not too distant future. The question I asked was, why are we, that is the assistive tech department, going to officially be promoting the use of NVDA as a free screen reader, and not Window-eyes? My logic being that Window-eyes can also essentially be free as well. That's when several replies came back that gave me the distinct impression that Window-eyes' days may in truth be numbered. I hope that's not the case; I've been a customer of Gw Micro since the Vocal-eyes days! Anyone here remember those days? Back when it used to be Jaws for Dos, versus Vocal-eyes? I remember when it used to be Arkenstone who sold Openbook, not Freedom Scientific. I do feel that Gw Micro personnel do need to innovate, and do need to perhaps learn new ways of becoming freshly and aggressively competitive. I certainly hope the shark doesn't gobble up everybody, yuck!

Brandon Miller