From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+p.wildcat1234=gmail....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Nick Sarames via Talk
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:12 PM
To: Andre; Window-Eyes Discussion List; 'Sky Mundell'
Subject: Re: Where are the informed comentators?

Something I've always wondered, anecdotal, but I know Jaws users who
swear by Jaws. Why? Are they all ignorant? I don't have any plans to
replace my WE with Jaws, but I bet if I had joined a Jaws list, I'd
encounter blind consumers who have little positive to say about WE.  So
I'm asking, WE users to state why Jaws is terrible.  I'm not interested
in hearing about bad customer service or a lower price (I purchased WE
because it was cheaper).  I would like someone to address only the two
products.

On 2/23/2017 4:48 PM, Andre via Talk wrote:
> I haven't said too much, but as someone who's been a customer of GW Micro
> since 1990, my college days, I feel I should also be able to weigh in.
> Simply I don't believe VFO cares about us Window-Eyes users whatsoever.
> Therefore, unless the deal they might invent better work for me. Otherwise
> they won't get my business as it shold be for all of us. We vote with our
> wallets as do oher consumers. Obviously they could care less what we
think.
> Terrible PR is begotten by a lack of compassion or concern. You don't get
> rid of 99% of the staff who helped make the product great and expect to
> continue that great product line. That's the height of errogance or
> stupidity, and that's how you destroy your competition. You create a
> situation such that there is no competition. Gw Micro merged with
AISquared
> who then really sold out to be gobbled up by VFO. It makes me sad. No
doubt
> Doug knows exactly what's going on and what the plan is for Window-Eyes,
but
> unfortunately he isn't an independent business owner any more. He now
works
> for VFO and must abide by VFO policies. I don't fault Doug though for
making
> what he felt was his best business decision. There are great reasons most
of
> us on this list stuck with Window-Eyes rather than to migrate to JAWS. But
> why list them when they would fall on deaf ears - ears that don't care to
> listen.
>
> In this case, we can't vote at the polls since we have no vote that would
> count at that table. We must vote with our wallets. Vote with our voices
on
> blogs. Vote simply by not supporting (if possible) any future products
> produced by VFO. That may not be as possible as I would like since they
have
> eliminated much of the competition thereby destroying much of the
consumer's
> choice. This country through its laws was supposed to support especially
> minority groups being oppressed (and oppressed isn't even  as strong a
word
> than the one I wanted to use). But anyway does any one really feel
supported
> by AISquared which really know doesn't exist now? It's all VFO. A real
> merger would allow for the existence of AISquared, but it seems to be
> apparent to me that this was nothing other than a complete buyout.
Hopefully
> there will be true alternatives to JAWS. I know NVDA is out there,
Narrator