the screen reader tells the orbit20 to show dots 7 and 8 directly underneath the letter you are editing. its just like a $4000 braille display it is exactly the same.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On April 8, 2017 14:17:22 "Steve Jacobson" <steve.jacob...@visi.com> wrote:

Joshua,

I have not seen the latest prototypes of the Orbit Reader, but I assume
there are still no cursor routing keys, is that correct?  You said you can't
use it with Window-Eyes, but have you used it with other screen readers?  If
so, what does it do when you have a cursor that moves when you are editing a
word?  In other words, how well does it show that a cursor moved but no
characters changed?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk
[mailto:talk-bounces+steve.jacobson=visi....@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Joshua Kennedy via Talk
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2017 11:33 AM
To: 'Window-Eyes Discussion List' <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: braille displays and we

also I am testing still the orbit reader20 prototype and it does not
work with window eyes even in rb18 emulation mode or refreshabraille18
emulation mode. the braille on the orbit20 is better than any other
braille display I have ever seen in my whole life. It feels like the
braille you see on elevator doors, hotel room doors, or ATM machine
signage quality firm durable braille. and it is liquid and dust
resistant also. I accidentally dropped the orbit reader 20 prototype
once and nothing happened, it fell upside down and i was able to pick it
up and it just keeps working, not a scratch on it at all and no pins
fell out at all. and its basic internal text or braille editor does not
care what braille code you write in. you can write any kind of braille
you wish whether its contracted braille ueb braille music or nemeth math
braille. just like a perkins brailler or slate and stylus, you can write
any braille code you wish, even make up your own or write grade3
shorthand if you want.

List archives can be found at