At 01:46 PM 7/17/2017, CJ &AA MAY via Talk wrote:
>At last I have migrated to Jaws. I have to confess I'm not enjoying the
>experience so far but realise I need to learn how to tweak some settings.
>My first problem is that I don't like the speech! I strongly disliked the
>default Eloquence and am using Peter at the moment but wondered which voices
>people are using and feel are clearest.

On the main Jaws download page, there are links to all the Vocalizer Direct and Expressive voices. I really like them; they're very responsive and allow for lots of customizations. You can even associate profiles with specific applications, which is helpful, for instance, if you read material in different languages.

>I think it is going to be a long time before I will be able to say I prefer
>Jaws to Windoweyes.

Although I wouldn't go as far as saying I prefer Jaws, it is much more responsive than Window-eyes had been for many versions. Of course, Jaws' proprietary scripting language is much less intuitive than Window-eyes' integration of COM automation languages that any programmer could implement. I also intensely miss David P's extended dictionaries app for Window-eyes because it allowed partial word entries and automatically covered the past, plural and possessive forms of all words entered. With Jaws' pronunciation dictionary, we're back to entering whole words with various endings when they're mispronounced.

Orlando Enrique Fiol