On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 08:43:17AM +0100, Knut Arne Bjørndal wrote:
> Sounds really good, I've been thinking a good bit about how to solve this
> problem lately, without really having much luck.

I've now implemented an algorithm for finding a good center-point for
areas. It's already commited to svn as revision 6390.

The algorithm is explained in human-readable form at
http://bob.cakebox.net/poly-center.php

I haven't yet implemented handling of areas with holes, though I think
I know how to handle it.

I also have some ideas on how to further improve the last part of the
algorithm, going from a set of points inside the polygon to a single
center point, though I'm unsure how easy it will be to implement these
in xslt. Suggestions welcome!

--
Knut Arne Bjørndal
aka Bob Kåre