graham schrieb:
> In my case I have mapped many private parking areas (inside schools,
> industrial estates, or explicitly marked 'private') as 'parking'. I
> really don't want a parking sign to show on them as it makes them look
> available to the public, rather than just a use of land. I realise I
> should have marked them 'access restricted', but I didn't - and even if
> I do now they will still be rendered with a parking sign...

I've been tagging those as access=private because Mapnik makes use of
that for quite a while now. So does osmarender.

I'm not native but the translation of amenity doesn't fit on private
parking-lots. In other words, some parking feature which isn't open to
the public is no amenity to the public. But since our mapping is by
default for the public (like most roads) should amenities that are not
open to the public always be tagged as such if mapped at all, regardless
of what it looks like now in the rederers.

regards, Sven