On March 1, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:

> When I am looking at the Scandinavian data loaded into PostGIS
> database with the fine osm2pgsql utility (thanks, Artem) I can
> simply find hundreds or thousands of logical errors in data.
> For example this is an excerpt from the list of highway tags
> used in the data:

> residetial
> roundabout
> secondary
> Secondary

If you give us numbers, you will find that the correct (secondary)
are far more common than the errors (residetial).  So the problem
is not so terrible as it might seem at first.  But still, can you
find a way to indicate where errors are concentrated?  Perhaps we
can go in with JOSM and manually improve these spots?  And then we
can see how the statistics improve in the next database dump.

In the first week of March, the number of "FIXME" tag values was
reduced by 5.8 %, from 211,951 to 199,616.  I don't know where
they all are, but I know that I fixed some in Sweden.  These were
old line segments that were untagged because they were added two
years ago.  Since I mapped these regions, I know what is primary,
secondary and unclassified.  Unlike simple spelling errors, this
cannot be fixed automatically.

--
  Lars Aronsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])