Lars
Can you point to a couple of specific instances please so that I can
investigate further?

Osmxapi was resynchronized against this week's planet file (
planet-080312.osm) plus the diff files from then onwards.  So if there are
still discrepancies all the evidence is still be available at the moment to
track down how this is happening.

80n