[I'm afraid this might be a bit of a complaint without a solution, as I
don't have the necessary wiki skills to fix this. But I hope someone
else does.]

The admin involved in proposing and approving tags, in terms of the wiki
changes required, is far too heavyweight. (Note: I'm _not_ complaining
about the voting system, only the admin required.) In order to mark two
new values as approved, I had to:

- Remove each one from Proposed Features
- Add them back to Approved Features
- Edit the relevant Map_Features sub-template to add a new line for each
- Create a new page for each tag, explaining what it does (which
duplicates data on the individual Proposal page)

Each of these editing operations is tricky because you have to fill in
various fields in various templates which are far from obvious as to
their function.

Here's the way it would work in an ideal world:

- Cut the relevant table line out of Proposed_Features and add it to
Map_Features
- Er...
- That's it.

This would require:
- Proposed_Features and Map_Features to have compatible templates.
- Writing proposals in a style as if they were accepted, which is fine.
(Unaccepted proposals would be automagically marked with "this proposal
is not yet official.)
- Creating all tag explanation pages in the same namespace, rather than
Proposed_features/Foo and Map_Features/Foo.

Does anyone else see what I'm driving at?

Gerv