On Monday 24 March 2008, Alex Mauer wrote:
> Cartinus wrote:
> > The first won't fly because everytime anybody mentions namespaces
> > it gets boo-ed away as being too complex. The second one is
> > absolutely no fun to write stylesheets for (or the renderer needs a
> > preprocessor to split them). Neither way of tagging is expandable
> > if you want to put more properties on them (paved e.g.)
>
> It also has the problem that ways can easily get reversed, and then
> the left/right meanings are backwards.

Then make editors change it automatically when reversing ways? Doesn't
look too difficult to me.

Next to that we already have this kind of issue with routes with ways
with backward/forward roles anyway. Furthermore, cycle lanes will
always be part of the road, which can also have this left/right
problem, so I don't think this is a specific problem for cycle tracks.

Greetings
Ben