On 22 Apr 2008, at 12:43, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> [...]
>
> Ok I'm now convinced that I can use the Macs.

Brilliant.

> Someone said that zooming in JOSM is a pain sometimes; I just want to
> point out that you can zoom in increments with Ctrl-, and Ctrl-.
> (comma and decimal point).

Useful, though I personally tend to use the scrollwheel to do the
zooming.

> I am quite confused now about dragging the map. Many have said that
> using the mouse with JOSM on the Macs does not work very well. But
> then I am told you can use Ctrl "rightclick simulation" to do the
> dragging, and others again say that some applications would use the
> space bar a a modifier key. Why would they, if Ctrl is already built
> in? If somebody can tell me exactly how you would like JOSM to behave
> on a mousically challenged system then we could maybe fix that... my
> first shot would have been supporting a modifier key but obviously
> OSX does that already with Ctrl and it seems not to be what people
> want?

Control+Click on Mac OS X is a way to do a contextual click (what most
people think of as a right click). I have just tried it in JOSM on Mac
OS X and control+dragging doesn't produce the expected result of
moving the map.

Modern Macs tend not to have the problem, as they are supplied with a
multi button mouse, or the trackpad can be configured to do the right
click drag.

Shaun
[..]