Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I am quite confused now about dragging the map. Many have said that
> using the mouse with JOSM on the Macs does not work very well. But
> then I am told you can use Ctrl "rightclick simulation" to do the
> dragging, and others again say that some applications would use the
> space bar a a modifier key. Why would they, if Ctrl is already built
> in?

Ctrl-click means "contextual menu".

Space-drag in many applications (e.g. anything by Adobe) means "drag
canvas". (You can often also do this by selecting a "hand" tool.)

The fact that most apps use right-click for the former, and JOSM uses
right-click for the latter, is by the by really.

cheers
Richard