Hi,

> Would it be really too controversial for OSM to have a "we particularly
> recommend these N models" page, where N is small? Clearly, the NaviGPS
> (which I own) would be one, because it's good and OSM gets some money.

[...]

> What do people think?

I would be reluctant to publicly recommend anything where OSM gets any
kind of kickback, _even if_ that device would be one I recommend in
private. That would look as if our recommendation could be bought!

Maybe we should define a few categories ("BT mouse without logger",
"standalone logger without display", "standard hand-held GPS with
display", "outdoor-ish hand-held GPS with display", "in-car navigation
device") and identify the 2-3 best devices in each. But how would such
a list be kept current? As long as it is just a Wiki page, anyone can
add their GPS preferences or write about a cool new device. But if you
implement a process to reach a "project recommendation" then obviously
the final result would not be "just a Wiki page", it would be a page
which may only be changed after repeating the process...

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"