Hi,
there is a proposal for vending_machine at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/vending_machine
but there has been no vote for it. Is someone already using it?

I have several cases where I have post boxes to map, with their stamp
selling machine. Currently I have not yet mapped theses, since I do not
know how to handle this proposal.

Currently, I have never seen a stamp vending machine without its post
box. That is why I intended to mark these with something like:

amenity=post_box
vending_machine=yes

Is there a (strange:-) country where both are disconnected?

Before to process further, I just wanted to open the discussion about
this subject. Should I proceed like this, and maybe update the wiki, or
will the vote be soon opened for the above mentioned proposal?

About the proposal: being not among the stricter enforcer of standards,
I fear that having a tag like vending_machine (so loose defined, cool) I
will end up storing there totally irrelevant data. It would need IMHO a
very clear list of what should / could be tagged there - be it just for
me:-)

Just do not know whether my English or my tagging is worst!

Regards
Pierre-André