On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 03:30:26PM -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Pierre-André Jacquod
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Currently, I have never seen a stamp vending machine without its post
> > box. That is why I intended to mark these with something like:
> >
> > amenity=post_box
> > vending_machine=yes
> >
> > Is there a (strange:-) country where both are disconnected?
>
> Here in the States, very rarely does an outdoor post box have a stamp
> vending machine attached.  However, your proposal of adding
> vending_machine=yes makes sense especially if you added a type=postage
> or stamps tag.

There will be a lot of such cases of things with dual use. I did send a mail
about it
a few days ago.

There's:

shop=supermarket with amenity=post_office
shop=supermarket with amenity=pharmacy

amenity=bank with amenity=atm (this is already made a special case for)

and I'm sure the list is endless.

I feel we need a generalized solution, and then come up with rendering
as needed for the most used combinations?
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.