I brought this up in IRC a few weeks back, and I know its been brought
up before that.
It's also appeared on the mls before, Richard's response pretty much
sums it up..
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2008-September/011891.html

I'll also note that it was originally announced on the JOSM mailing list here:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/josm-dev/2007-October/000181.html
Frederik does make a good point that it could be used for good. I did
try ripping apart the source to find the server config, but came to a
dead end - it would be useful as a TMS client for JOSM (which I've
been desparately looking for to use Richard's NPE tiles with)...

2008/12/24 Nick Black <nickbla...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Kenneth,
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.  I will pass this onto the Foundation team and
> get in touch with the person running the site.
>
> Have you tried to contact the site owner in the past?
>
> Best,
>
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <law...@au-kbc.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>> apologies if this has been brought up before, but some people I have
>> brought
>> into OSM have stumbled across this site:
>> http://www.peterdamen.com/GoogleWMS/
>> and were all set to pollute the OSM database when I stopped them. Can we
>> not
>> convince this gentleman to cease and desist?
>> --
>> regards
>> Kenneth Gonsalves
>> Associate