On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 02:34:13PM +0100, Pieren wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Simon Ward <si...@bleah.co.uk> wrote:
> > A possible consideration for a future API is to move the check there:
> > JOSM uploads, and indicates what data sources were used in the editing
> > session.  Server checks, sees GoogleWMS, replies "I'm sorry Dave, I'm
> > afraid I can't do that."
>
> Too easy to bypass : save data into file, reload the file then upload.

Hard validation wasn’t the point.  The point was to make the user think
twice, just as with Richard’s comment on using GPSBabel to convert KML
to GPX, then having to munge it to add timestamps.  You can bypass such
a check in the editor just as easily, but either method allows the
editor to tell the user why there’s a problem.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall