On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Simon Ward <si...@bleah.co.uk> wrote:

> Hard validation wasn't the point.  The point was to make the user think
> twice, just as with Richard's comment on using GPSBabel to convert KML
> to GPX, then having to munge it to add timestamps.  You can bypass such
> a check in the editor just as easily, but either method allows the
> editor to tell the user why there's a problem.

Let us not make this a KML-problem. It is a nice format to work with, well
supported and with more features than GPX. All the work I have done with the
international borders of Norway, have been based around KML, for a number of
reasons (the two most important, being the ability to assign colors to
markers and a good client to visualize the data in).

In addition, I have had a hard time finding anything in Google Earth terms
that limits tracing, as opposed to Google Maps where this is stated very
clearly.

- Gustav