On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 08:57:07PM +0100, Gustav Foseid wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Gustav Foseid <gust...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This is not intended to solve all problems with tagging of maritime
> > borders, just as a temporary way to tag these borders without causing
> > bubbles around all coastlines in all general purpose renderers.
>

> Some more progess has been made on the wiki page, and I suggest everyone
> interested in the topic of maritime borders head over to
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Maritime_borders

It has been solved a while ago. See here:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-January/032904.html
There is no reason to treat maritime borders differently from other
borders.

There was a discussion on talk-de and here and after I posted that
comprehensive proposal nothing else. I interpret this as accepted. And I
have seen that some people have started adopting it in the database.

> It would be nice if tagging of these borders could be solved soon. A
> "formal" proposal with wiki voting is probably the best way forward for
> these tags, with a page cleanup, RFC and a following vote within a couple of
> weeks. I am no big fan of the wiki vote procedure, but it is the best we
> have.

Actually the best we have is the actual tagging in the database. Works
wonderfully.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298