On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:43 AM, David Earl <da...@frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> On 11/02/2009 12:05, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
>> On Wednesday 11 February 2009 17:07:18 Gert Gremmen wrote:
>>> An "Add Road" option, maybe? Oooh nooooo, nothing like that.
>>
>> does *any* mapping app have an option like 'add road'?
>
> Indeed, but his misunderstanding is even more fundamental than that.
> Where did he get the location of his road from? I bet he didn't have a
> GPS track, so would simply have been guessing (unless lucky enough to be
> in a Yahoo coverage area and recognising his street).

I agree, there should be some slight barrier to entry in which the
mapper learns about communitty standards for adding data, especially
dervied data.  The reason Google's MyMaps can allow just about
anything is that it isn't added to the main map.  Even location edits
aren't pushed out until they're reviewed.  We need to decide whether
or not we will accept the burden of checking all edits made by drive
by mappers.

Cheers,

Adam