Florian Lohoff wrote:
>Sent: 10 April 2009 11:19 AM
>To: Frederik Ramm
>Cc: OSM Talk
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] xybot
>
>On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:22:33AM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] xybot
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Florian Lohoff wrote:
>>> This has been discussed hundrets of times on the talk-de list IIRC.
>>
>> But we do agree that if someone wants to make automated changes outside
>> the area inhabited by talk-de regulars, he should discuss this on the
>> appropriate lists first, right?
>
>Sure - i just wanted to make the point that landuse=wood is a valid
>point for dissussion as its either landuse=forest or natural=wood -
>but landuse=wood is a "illegal" combination of key and value which the
>original poster either missed or didnt know.

Illegal?? Who's law?

Any tag is valid in OSM so if someone wants to use landuse=wood that's their
entitlement. That doesn't stop someone later adding a landuse=forest or
changing the original to natural=wood but I wouldn't dream of doing either
unless I knew exactly what the feature on the ground was.

Cheers

Andy