On Wednesday 29 April 2009 17:29:49 Ed Loach wrote:
> > Nothing on the tag:natural=coastline page says you can't tag
> > anything on the
> > sea-side of it. See
> > <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural=wetland>
> >
> > And then the extended usage:
> > wetland=tidalflat
> > wetland=saltmarsh
> > wetland=mangrove
>
> But reading the discussion page, they "flexibly" interpret the
> coastline as highwater line recommendation and suggest moving it to
> the seaward side of whatever feature that is being tagged and adding
> tidal=yes to the bit between the coastline and the high tide line.
> Effectively this suggests that the coastline should be moved to the
> low tide line, with whatever landuse/natural is between low tide and
> high tide mark being tagged with tidal=yes, rather than have the
> coastline as the mean high water mark.
>
> Ed

I can't find anything about moving the coastline away from the high-tide line
in either:
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:natural=wetland>
or
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:natural=coastline>

The second page e.g. talks about a sandbank at the coast of the isle of Wight.
Which, according to that discussion, should be on the sea-side of the
coastline.

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus