Sorry, I lost the thread in Gmail here, but:
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Matt Amos <zerebub...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> unless, of course, you're talking about twittering the updates. that
> >> would be teh moar ;-)

I'd like to continue this part of the thread. As was discussed by Frederik,
I think the end goal should be a real-time OSM stream of what's getting
applied to the database. Doing that in a performant way is relatively
difficult (which is why we're using Osmosis and minutely diffs right now),
but I think we should be striving for having a realtime XML feed.

If we assume that's the goal (ok, it can just be my goal and you guys can
think I'm crazy :)), what do we need to think about or plan for in the
future to make it happen?

DB triggers? API collation? Realtime data stream server**?

I'd love to hear lively, continued discussion on this topic.

-Ian

** Currently, my day job is writing server software for medical devices that
does "broadcast" streams of XML data over TCP/HTTP channels. I'd love to
spend some time working on this if I knew there was a source for the data.