2009/6/5 Nop <ekkeh...@gmx.de>:
> In my opinion it is just the same for castles. You see the tag
> catle_type=defensive and you know that it is a Burg in Germany and a keep in
> Britain. There is no need to use Burg, hrad, linna, Chateau, zamek etc. with
> roughly the same meaning.

well, the confusion just begins to start ;-) A keep is not
corrispondent to a burg, it is corispondent to a donjon, maybe to a
"bergfried" in German. A keep is part of a castle, not the whole. If
you continue to say, that burg and chateau (=schloss) has roughly the
same meaning, you're still proofing that you should stick to
historic=castle and let others do the castle_type.

Martin