Hi Frederik,

> lulu-...@gmx.de wrote:
> > There was a change on the highway key wiki page, that interferes with
> > the concept presented here.
>
> Have you read the following relevant thread on talk-de:
>
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-de/2009-August/052258.html
>
> Since both you and dieterdreist are speakers of German, I'm surprised
> that you didn't speak up when the issue was raised on talk-de three
> weeks ago and now start a discussion on this list.

That is because I, other than you, personally like the wiki better than the
list.
I have been talking with several people about it and they recommended to put
the topic back on the list. Maybe late, but hopefully not too late.

>  > IMHO this is a new dimension of vandalism.
>
> The acronym "IMHO" is not well placed if you throw around such
> accusations. What you're saying here is not a "humble" opinion.

I wanted to say that this is my opinion. Sorry if the abbreviation was not
chosen to your satisfaction. I am not a native speaker.

>  > I also think we need a consensus that tag descriptions for tags that
>  > are used more than 100.000 times shall not be changed without a
>  > proposal.
>
> That seemed to be the consensus on talk-de as well (or at least "without
> prior discussion", not necessarily on the Wiki - personally I dislike
> proposals, discussions and voting on the Wiki).

I counted 4 pro "votes" on the talk list - I do not consider this to be commen
consensus.
As Dieterdreist wrote himself, he considers his changes as a proposal.

All I demand is that it is treated as one, and people who only read rfc threads
in this mailing list because of a lack of time have the chance to take notice.

Dieter and any other supporter of the concept is free to start a proposal to
change the most important tag of all. But please stay in the common conventions
for such an important change and give *all* users the chance to vote, and do
not make changes on the wiki because of an agreement of few persons on the
mailing list(s).

Regards,
Lulu-Ann