________________________________

>You don't have access to the 10 traces,

Yes I would. In Potlatch if I press G or click the GPS icon it display all
uploaded traces.

I should have said assuming
none uploads the information how do you know your information is any
better than what already exists in the system?

I don't. But I take the average of all the traces available. i thought this is
what we were meant to do!
I'm sure I read it in the wiki somewhere.

Why would your information be more accurate if no one sourced where
their information came from.

It wouldn't! & I never said it would.
However just because someone tags theirs as being from a certain source doesn't
make it necessarily more accurate than mine.

For example

Simply put you can't know, you can only assume your information is
better if there is no source information present.

If you take your policy I don't understand how anything can be updated once it
been initially mapped!

General point about how I map:

I use a GPS (not the most accurate in the world)
I take photographs & _use_ them.
I take notes in a notepad.

& most importantly. I use my _eyes_

I've seen roads & especially railway lines, that I have knowledge of, that are
mapped so inaccurately, such as curves being mapped in a single point, that if
the vehicle/train was doing more than 20 mile an hour it would run off the
road/rail.

I don't see the problem in amending that. Even if there are no other traces &
irrelevant of the source tag.

To clarify, if i didn't have knowledge of it, but still looked wrong. i
wouldn't amended it.

Cheers
Dave F.