2009/9/9 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 1:26 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> it would be nice to tag things like GPS model, not just that it was
>> from a GPS, some models are better than others and so on and so forth.
>
> In which case you ought to just upload the GPS data, right?  GPX supports
> identifying the GPS model as well as point by point accuracy data, doesn't
> it?  I'm less sure whether or not OSM supports this.

Just because a GPS file was uploaded, doesn't mean this was used as
the source of data, or that it hasn't been changed to use an
alternative GPS data source or source in general since. This is meta
data for vector information and the vector data has to be tagged
explicitly with this information some how, other wise we're still left
assuming as to it's origin or "source".