Ed Loach wrote:
>> possible ways, where data can be. Please use only
>> addr:interpolation on
>> the way and everything else on the nodes.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/House_numbers/Karlsruhe_Schema#Using_interpolation_to_mark_many_houses_along_a_way
> (shortened to http://is.gd/34St1 )
> That example shows ONLY the house number on the nodes, and
> everything else on the way used for interpolation.

That was added to the example one month ago, after the proposal was
marked as approved, without discussion, by a single user and above all
hidden in a heap of edits (so people were unlikely to even notice the
change).

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Proposed_features/House_numbers/Karlsruhe_Schema&diff=next&oldid=318077

I am going to revert this. That's a very sneaky way to change the
example, and even if we were to agree now that adding the tags to the
interpolation way is better, we shouldn't change the original proposal
page but modify current documentation instead (e.g.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr ).

Tobias Knerr