On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:02 PM, David Earl <da...@frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> On 10/09/2009 01:11, Roy Wallace wrote:
>>
>> But I would support any proposal that merges these and includes
>> complementary tags to explicitly specify differences as necessary.
>
> Does it really matter? Just treat them as synonyms.

Having two different ways to tag a particular entity is not the best
solution when building a database, IMHO.

> Or adopt a rule which
> says if a church is in the middle of it it is a graveyeard and if not it is
> a cemetery.

I'm not sure what suggesting. The goal here is a set of tags and a
corresponding set of definitions. I have suggested that
amenity=cemetery be used for places where people are buried, with
further details given by cemetery:*=* as necessary (and if affiliated
with a place_of_worship, related with a relation).

Have you got an alternative suggestion?