2009/9/16 Lennard <l...@xs4all.nl>:
> You're most welcome to do that, as in #osm-nl we have talked about
> regionalised rendering as well, in the past. I've rolled one small aspect of
> this out on our walking routes map, which renders different shields for The
> Netherlands and Belgium. I did copy our country boundary polygons to another
> table, because if for some reason the country boundary in OSM is non-closed,
> the whole regionalised rendering would fall over.

This is already dealt with for coast lines, so it shouldn't be much of
a jump to deal with country borders in a similar way.

> What were the other issues you had thought up?

At present we're using multiple relations where the name changes along
a route but the ref stays the same and vice versa so it's not possible
with the current pre-processing that is done to do a nice little query
to get the shield and name from the same query. I have no idea how to
fix this.

The other biggy is dealing with the country borders during
pre-processing, again no idea how to do this.