On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Lennard <l...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> OTOH, if osm2pgsql will only run some queries and let postgis handle the
> stamping of features with a proper field to filter on in the stylesheet,
> it can be done at the end of the import. The challenge to this method is
> in how to handle diffs. You wouldn't want to run through every geometry
> in your database everytime you import diffs, but only the changed ones.

I suppose it would be possible to get osm2pgsql to assign columns
based on country locations, if the relevant polygons were available in
another table. Handling diffs is not the problem, osm2pgsql knows
exactly which things have changed and can do the relevent query to
supplement the data.

> One more issue I see is what to do with features that cross these
> boundaries? Which style will/should they get? Should the import split
> them into 2 features, each on one side of the boundary?

Tricky, not something that's going to be solved the first try.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <klep...@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/