On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Claus Hindsgaul
<claus.hindsg...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Just rewind a bit; in the start of this thread, I cited a guideline
> developed on talk-dk to aid the choice between separate and tagged
> cycle-tracks/lanes on a street with the aim of getting the best map
> description in the end. In the following discussions, I have tried to
> outline why this guideline did not end up saying: "always micromap
> everything".

Yes, many of these discussions seem to devolve quickly into battles between
the "map everything in minute detail" and "exercise a bit of discretion"
camps. Then the two camps look at each other, realise that it doesn't matter
what the other camp thinks, and goes back to doing whatever they want. It's
one problem with mapping in general - if I'm the only one mapping my town, I
can pretty much do whatever I want, because no one else is ever going to
bother to look, or comment, or change it.

Steve