On 2/8/10 8:01 PM, Chris Hunter wrote:

Moving back to one of my original questions, I think Nakor was the only one to respond to the 2 relations per state (1 relation each way) vs 1 relation with rolls per state question.

The Diff code is a little tangled, but from the WIKI, it looks like only interstates I-24, I-26, I-84 were merged from 2-relations into 1-relation with roles. The rest of the system still has the relation numbers listed in the WIKI. From what I can see, it looks like there's no clear winner between the two systems, although quite a few Interstates are still missing supers.

I'm happy to use either method, but one of the reasons why I prefer the 1-relation-per-direction method is that it lets me quickly find areas that need to be split into dual carriageways.
i prefer using one relation per direction, and that's what i've been doing. if the consensus should sway the other way, i won't engage in a lot of public whining about it, though.

richard