Robert,

> In my opinion a logo has to reduce the amount of representation to the
> absolute essence in order to work right.

[...]

> I chose to stick to the basic aspect of marking things on a map

"Marking things on a map" is the absolute essence of trivial POI
collection projects. There are *lots* of them and your logo would
probably work very well for them.

OSM however is not about marking things on a map, but rather about
making the map in the first place. I don't like your logo because it
suggests that we do nothing more than the millions of people who produce
Google mashups. It fails to capture the essence of OSM.

Bye
Frederik