Hi,

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
That doesn't just go for the LWG, it seems that a lot of the people
involved in the OSMF prefer to do things via conference calls. The
calls aren't recorded and published (that I've seen)

Recording and making public such conversations would mean that everyone would have to choose their words carefully in order to minimise the danger of being quoted out-of-context by people with a limited understanding of English (wo might, for example, not immediately understand the humour in certain expressions). It would also discourage straight talk in many cases (people would say "someone has contacted me about this-and-that" instead of saying who that someone was, and so on).

The telephone calls are already, as you say yourself, time-consuming and thus not for everybody; they are also, if I may add from my tiny little personal exposure, tedious and not something one likes to do.

Your suggestions would make the telephone calls even more tedious, more time consuming, and rob them of the last bit of fun (in the form of a humourous remark here and there). It would be even harder to find people doing the work if you expect that from them.

Bye
Frederik