On 14 July 2010 20:59, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:
> What do you suggest would be acceptable / unacceptable?

I would consider things to fail if more than 5-10% of data disappears
in any region. At the very least it would be demoralising for anyone
that spent even a few hours working to make OSM data better.

> - users vote to proceed with license upgrade (or not) based on
> published results.

This step would be a good exercise in visualising the extent of any
loss of data, rather than figures being plucked from the air. If large
amounts of data disappear then obviously more work needs to be spent
fixing issues as much as possible, rather than trying to rail road
dissent into submission.