On 16/08/2010 07:48, Maarten Deen wrote:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:19:42 +0200, Frederik Ramm<frede...@remote.org>
wrote:
Hi,

Jonas Stein wrote:
In the IRC channel i was told, that there are users who paint
empty nodes in the map to mark things like
"road is not mapped, but continues here"
I do this occasionally, and I'm sure I haven't made this up but got
the practice from someone/somewhere else - when a way is drawn and you
know it goes on but haven't mapped it, you put three "dots", just as
you do in written language:

Hi

That seems like a pointless waste of time that to be & gives no clarity as to what your intentions are.

The way I do it:
Draw a small section of the way for as for as you could see it.
Tag it correctly for what it is.
add fixme tag with 'stub of way, please resurvey'

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:fixme

Cheers
Dave F.