Hi,

On 5 September 2010 05:40, Zeke Farwell <ezeki...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 3:32 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> yes, but it get's even harder when the information is split over
>> several layers and you do edits without even seeing the data, because
>> it is on a different layer. How could you maintain integrity and
>> topology?
>
> I think it could be harder or it could be easier depending on how it's done.
>  If you allowed ways on different layers to share nodes then it would be
> quite possible to edit an object on one layer and modify an object on
> another by accident.  Not good.  For this reason I would want layers to be
> completely separate.  As long as they are separate and represent different
> types of objects that don't need to be connected then I don't really see any
> problems.

My opinion is that with the current setup you can have the different
objects share nodes or not, depending on the circumstances.  If in a
given place an administrative boundary does change when the underlying
feature moves, then you can express that.  So you have two options.
With layers you just have one.

Cheers