Am 12.01.2011 20:36, schrieb Alex Mauer:

So at best it could be routed with strong “use at your own risk” warnings. But in general it’s probably best if routers do not send people down them.
It would be great to have an "OSM-Navi" giving the user the choice:
- fastest
- shortest
- most helpful: knowing the risk of being misleaded you as the user know that that's possible; but I'll ask you for missing data at some points (e.g. to re-classify a street tagged as highway=road). You agree to stop at these places at a save area to answer the questions (could be: oneway, oneway opposite, optional maxspeed, maxweight, ......)

regards
Peter

P.S.: I know, not everything can be generated as a clear to answer question; some answers could go to a note only; but I as a mapper sometimes ask people I know of for their street details after drawing them from aerials.