Hi,

I don't have issues with the process (I wasn't involved in selecting the old logo so I don't mind others caring for that). But I think that something is technically wrong with the new logo; I think if you were looking at a magnifying glass from the angle chosen here, the end of the handle would not be visible like it is here. It's hard to pinpoint/describe this exactly for someone who is as untalented in drawing things as I am, but I've tried to sketch what I think would be more "correct" version here:

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/osmlogo.png
http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/osm_logo_soft_freds_version.svg

This is not perfect either but maybe someone with more skill than myself could have a look at the issue and make the new logo look "right".

Bye
Frederik