On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Mikel Maron <mikel_ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> SWG has taken this on because the usability of the site is a the primary way
> users, new and old, engage with OSM, there are definitely issues with it,
> and we're trying to put together the right _approach_ to improve it.

Unfortunately a logo is a big deal because it effects lots of people.
It effects people making anything with the OSM "brand" on it. I have
lots of OSM related material (pamphlets, handouts, pens, etc.) with
the old logo.

I understand the issues this community has about announcements, in
both directions. On the one hand, you want to make announcements
because it's the right thing to do, but at the same time, this
community has a penchant for long debates which all too often turn
bitter.

But yes, a blog post would have in order on something this far reaching.

- Serge