"Frederik Ramm" frede...@remote.org wrote on 12/04/2011 at 20:17:37 +1100
subject "[OSM-talk] Geofabrik Download Server Update" :

> Together with the added disk space on the download server this means
> that I can continue supporting the bz2 format indefinitely, although I
> expect it gradually to fall behind in currency (currently, the bz2 will
> show up a few hours after the .pbf; in the future this might increase to
> half a day or so). The .pbf format is definietly the preferred format.

Would it be possible to add New Caledonia in .pbf to
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/australia-oceania/

I was used to to get the data using
wget -O ncxapi.osm
"http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=163.5,-23.0,168.5,-19.5";
in order to compile the Garmin Map for New Caledonia
www.oesterlin.ile.nc/gps    but the xapi is not reliable enough since
some time. The MapQuest xapi supports not an as large area, even if
there is not (yet ?) so much data there.

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - email hendrikmail2...@yahoo.de