On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Richard Mann <
richard.mann.westoxf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> > I suggest that for the time being you download
> > the 160 MB full Australia file and cut out New Caledonia yourself with
> > Osmosis.
>
> Is there a guide somewhere to using osmosis on Windows. Maybe just a
> simple bounding-box extraction to get us started?
>
> All I find by Googling is "I've {done lots of unspecified stuff and}
> got this horrible error message..." which is hardly encouraging.

Richard:

You can consider using osmembrane[1] which is a GUI on top of osmosis. I
haven't tested it on Windows but I guess there's no reason it shouldn't
work. It makes working with osmosis a much gentler experience ;).

[1] http://osmembrane.de/
--
Martijn van Exel
http://about.me/mvexel